Saturday, October 25, 2014

You're Trapped Forever Mr. Hyde


We all fear something or someone. We all get scared. Yes we can be afraid of spiders, or public speaking, or being judged, or other things like that but, one of the biggest things we fear is...ourselves.

We're frightened we have a monster lurking inside.

I know that I'm afraid of a monster inside me. I'm scared it is there. That it exists. I'm terrified that it might surface. I'm horrified that it might escape. I'm dreading what it might do. The pain it may cause or the damage it may create if released. I'm alarmed that it screams at me, banging the door, trapped inside waiting, just waiting for the moment it can break free.

I don't want that to happen.

I don't want Hyde to have that opportunity. SO I WON'T LET IT.

I can have that control. So do you. (Chain the door shut, then chain it five times more. Make a prison that is impossible to break, shatter, or fracture. Confront it and say, "Not happening ever.")

Nothing gets in. Nothing gets out.          

No comments:

Post a Comment