Sunday, September 7, 2014

One Wish

ONE WISH
I have one, main, wish this year. My wish is to go to my Senior Prom. I didn't go last year, because no one asked me but I was okay with that because I had another year left. But now the wishing starts. I don't care how I get asked-it could be hand written on a paper, shoved into my locker- just as long as I got asked.(Not by a text, however. I do have a few expectations.) It could be the week of, the day of even, I just want to be asked. However if there is a girl out there who has never gone to a dance then she should be the first choice before me. She needs her chance to be Cinderella. I have gone to some school dances and they have been a blast. If I don't get asked it won't be the end of the world, but to be honest I will be melancholy.  

I might be living a fantasy to ask such a wish, but it has never hurt to imagine. Now that I think of it, Cinderella and I share things in common. We are both common, ordinary people, wishing to go to a fancy dance. We both imagine ourselves there and are only happy to gain the experience to dance the night away at least once in our lives. One advantage I have to Cinderella is that I have a chance to meet gentlemen before the dance. 

And so I go about my senior year holding onto my one wish.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment